Important news from McDermott House Canada
As we reflect on another challenging year for the global community, we feel tremendously grateful for our friends and supporters of McDermott House Canada, who have enabled our mission over the past several years. Your generosity has had a tremendous impact. We wanted to provide you with a brief update on our charity and our…
An Intimate Evening with John McDermott, co-hosted by BMO Financial Group and McDermott House Canada, will take place on the 68th floor of the prestigious First Canadian Place in Toronto. The event promises to once again, be an exciting and memorable affair. Individual tickets are available at $1,500 with tables of 8 at $10,000. ($9,200…
McDermott House Canada is pleased to thank all of the participants of the 2018 Trump Debate for their support and for a fantastic event! The Trump Debate with David Frum and Conrad Black. Our mission at McDermott House Canada is to help those who have served our country by creating a warm home-like environment that…
In 2016, Phase One of our first project in partnership with Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre to provide highest quality end-of-life care for veterans, first responders and members of the community was a huge success. The first phase included renovations of two K-Wing units, the garden room and main foyer; it was completed with funding from our…
We are proud to announce that McDermott House Canada has partnered with BMO Financial Group to present the 5th Annual: An Intimate Evening with John McDermott! The fundraising Gala Dinner has raised over $500,000 in the past four years. John’s vision for McDermott House Canada has been to create a warm home-like environment to set…
We are proud to announce the continued support of Mount Pleasant Group with a donation of $6, 000. The funds will go towards Phase 2 and 3 of the Palliative Care Unit at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre which will see the refurbishing and restoration of the nursing stations and all of the patient rooms. Mount…
What better way to spend the evening than by supporting your country’s beloved veterans, military and first responders while in the company of friends, with some drinks and a heartfelt show? McDermott House Canada’s 4th annual fundraising event, “An Intimate Evening with John McDermott” was held on November 9th at the First Canadian Place. The…
On Saturday, March 25th, a few member of the IODE 48th Highlanders Chapter stopped by K-Wing to donate a 40 inch TV to the patients and their families. Always so grateful for the support of our community.
John Celebrates Christmas with the Veterans in K-wing
McDermott House Canada is thrilled to announce that Phase I is complete at K-Wing Palliative Care Unit. Phase II (Nursing stations and family access areas) will begin early next Spring.
“Remembrance Day at Sunnybrook Veterans Centre in Toronto will have extra significance this year as veterans and supporters mark not only the sacrifice of the residents who participated in two major wars, but also the completion of phase one of a renovated Palliative Centre in the facility’s K Wing.” — Daily Commercial News / November…
We are very excited to announce that McDermott House Canada presented Sunnybrook Foundation with a cheque for $1.2 Million on September 21, 2014. The renovation is expected to begin shortly, enabling our veterans to receive the best care possible. John McDermott was joined by Brian Stemmle, Olympic Downhill Skier, Chief Bill Blair, Paul Kenny, MHC…
John McDermott, with the support of ONRoute, True Patriot Love Foundation and PC Financial, recorded 17 songs he chose specifically for this fundraising initiative. All proceeds from the sale of this CD will go to McDermott House Canada.
Click here to read all News...
Veterans and First Responders in the media.
- Ukraine: How many NATO troops are ready if Russia launches new invasion? - Sky Newson January 27, 2022 at 9:53 pm
Ukraine: How many NATO troops are ready if Russia launches new invasion? Sky News
- Coming to Albuquerque: U-Haul at Journal Center to Open in 2023 - PRNewswireon January 27, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Coming to Albuquerque: U-Haul at Journal Center to Open in 2023 PRNewswire
- How to build resilience and boost your mental health - Medical Xpresson January 27, 2022 at 4:30 pm
How to build resilience and boost your mental health Medical Xpress
- Cabinet weighs how to calibrate Canada’s response to Russia-Ukraine tensions - Toronto Staron January 26, 2022 at 2:50 pm
Cabinet weighs how to calibrate Canada’s response to Russia-Ukraine tensions Toronto Star
- PSIM Market Scope By 2029 | Critical Infrastructure, First Responders, Commercial, Military – The Oxford Spokesman - The Oxford Spokesmanon January 26, 2022 at 12:43 pm
PSIM Market Scope By 2029 | Critical Infrastructure, First Responders, Commercial, Military – The Oxford Spokesman The Oxford Spokesman
All stories via Google News
Follow and join in the live conversation. Follow @McDermotthouse
- Volunteer Veterans Conservation Corps builds much needed items for environmental areas in the state of Illinois whi… https://t.co/JsIpBtJttW
- Paramedics and Police in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan came together for an education and wellness event hosted by the Spe… https://t.co/XMnyvJkCOj
- A Beverly Hills plastic surgeon has partnered with Face Forward (@FaceForwardLA) to provide reconstructive surgery… https://t.co/qkIZCs6SrK
- Students from Simon Fraser University in Vancouver British Columbia held a hackathon to help first responders overc… https://t.co/vD5srqhWeg
Click to see all tweets